Sunday, April 11, 2010

I have this friend

He just got done with a BAD break up, with a girl he dated for nearly 8 months. She used him she cheated, she dumped him for one of his former best friends. When looking at him he was kind of a dick to her, but It made sense why he was.

Whether he'd like to admit it or not she left a scare in him. I don't know if he will get better or not but I gave him some advice, "don't enter a serious relationship to fast, and go out and have fun with a couple chicks to help get yourself back in the dating pool". People look at me as a morale compass whether I like it or not, so it was me giving the free pass to have sex with as many women as he wants.

Well he does this for a week, then I see him and he tells me something that I never thought he was mature enough to admit. He told me that, he was bored, he just wants someone to love and to spend time with.

I have known this guy for like a year now and I never thought he would be mature enough to say something so profound, I never gave him the credit of having emotional depth, and I sure as hell didn't think he'd get tired of screwing but he did. He surprised me and then I realized the kid I met a year ago, is a lot different then the kid I know now.

I don't know, but that maturity is something everyone I know lacks, its kind of nice to see people do change, and that change is sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad. After estranging myself from 2 of my only friends, this friend was the only one there for me, and I respect him for it.

I get into trouble with him, and sometimes I even enjoy it.

So why did I write this blog, because I finally see friends like you see in movies like Superbad or Without a Paddle do exist, they may be few and far between, and you may have to look hard but once you find one you always have someone who's got your back, who will call you on your bullshit, and who is there for you.

So why write this blog? because I have to, I think its needed because I think the person I am is in part because of the people that I hate, I love, I respect, or just understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment