Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Life of a Vista User

I wake up between 7 and 8 in the morning turn on the computer, use the bathroom, grab something to drink, and stare at my blank computer screen until it finishes turning on. After this ritual, I try to close MSN for 2 minutes, after being successful, I check for updates, download the updates and restart.


I go to the bathroom again, and make breakfast. Once breakfast is finished I can download I can finally use my computer, so I go to my music file and load my 40 gigs of MP3s into Windows Media Player, this process takes 5 minutes.


Once completed its about 9 in the morning. I open firefox or chrome, and check my email, the browser will stop working and I am forced to attempt to crash it to get it to work. Once working I have no problems for the rest of that session at least.


Then I start work on school, I do correspondence so I open Microsoft Works Word Processor, to do my draft of my essay, wikipedia for fact checking, and dictionary.com for synonyms. I finish my school work around 1:30 or 2:00.


At this point I play some sort of game, whether it be Guild Wars or Fallout 3, I do this until my display driver crashes causing me to restart again, hoping I got through the mission before this mishap. I close down my IM after it responds reopen the game (and if its guild wars it has this very weird glitch with Media center that makes me have to minimize and close media center). I check to see what happened and if I didn't screw up the mission quest, or objective I close. If I did screw it up I finish what I was doing before and close.


Its probably 3:30 now so I get on MSN to talk to my girlfriend, it will sometimes fail on the first try, but if I resign in once it will work. I talk to my girlfriend from 3:30 to 4 and I take a break from the computer, take a nap, go outside, play some PS3 watch TV etc. I get back around 6:30 and watch my favorite webseries and podcasts, dealing with phantom server cannot connect, and this page does not exist errors that fix themselves with a refresh.


Tonya gets back online at 8ish, by this point I am listening to podcasts and chilling, until my IM crashes and I go problem free the rest of the night (I got to bed about 11 or 12). I check my emails, youtube, twitter, and close every program on my computer as a form of relaxation, then I press the power button and turn off my monitor.


That is almost every weekday and some weekends of my life. Some variations happen but that's my normal day. As a vista user I know everything I do is slower, or harder, or takes longer, but I don't care, because its...comforting I wouldnt trade Vista for any other operating system. Call me masochistic, call me crazy, but I love vista, with all of its flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment