Thursday, March 18, 2010

I No Longer Have Friends, and Couldn't be Happier.

I was talking to my last real friends I have, outside of my girlfriend, and her friends. We got talking about homosexuality, and they said some crazy things like "We should kill the gays" that sort of thing. I tried having a calm conversation with them, and they continued on their homophobic banter. At this point I couldn't take it any more and I told them to fuck off and never talk to me again.

Most people would be sad at even the thought of losing longtime friends, but to me, I was just cutting off dead weight. They didn't fit in with the environment I want around me. So I ditched them, it might seem petty to some but it is what I chose to do and couldn't be happier. I can make new friends any day, having to sacrifice my values to hang out with two assholes would ruin my life. So I lost my last friends, but maybe opened up my life to not having to be around that kind thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment