Wednesday, October 6, 2010

There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret (Bring Me the Horizon album review)

This is going to be a long opening paragraph but I have reasons for it being so long. Normally I will explain my relationship with what ever band's album I am reviewing, but in this case I was a blank slate, I had never heard a single song by this band. I didn't even know this band existed until @crabxcakes told me to review their album during a phone conversation. I to be honest knew one thing about Bring Me The Horizon, they were a screamo/metalcore band. THAT IS ALL I KNEW. Now me not liking screamo, I have avoided their music entirely, which is why I have never heard a song by this band. Well now I have heard a song by them, 12 songs in fact, these songs are what encompass the album I am going to review "There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret".

The lyrics are....there are lyrics right...well there are actually I just have to look them up on lyric sites....but I don't feel like doing that so I will just go off of, what I think the lyrics are. So right a majority of the album is features strong lyrical scenes of Arrrgrhrghrghgr and RAWHHHHHH...also GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGH and MAHRRRGARGHERER. That is all I understood from listening to the songs.

On to the music, it sounds good, if it wasn't for the random animal dying noises in the background occasionally accompanied by the word fuck and on a couple songs a guest vocalist. The guitar work is great, and BMTH doesn't constantly use double bass drumming like everyone does now a days, their music actually sounds original. Though I am really considering reporting them to PETA for animal abuse, because I can hear the sound of dogs dying in the background of every song! My question is where are the leads? The biggest problem with the music end next to the WTF worthy vocals is the lack of any real strong lead guitar.

To some this album up, if you don't like Screamo/Metalcore you'll hate it. I hated it, but if I was looking at the perspective of someone who likes that kind of music, then I could see this being a very original and creative album....BUT since I am not that person I give "There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret" a 2 out of 5.

I'll leave you with the lead single from this album "It Never Ends" if you like this song you'll like the album!

No comments:

Post a Comment