Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Incredible Machine (Sugarland Album Review)

I didn't want to review this CD I REALLY REALLY REALLY DIDN'T, but this week has had ZERO other major releases for me to review so, against my better judgement, I have decided to undergo this review. I HATE Sugarland, its not that I hate country either. I like Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, and even some contemporary artists and bands like Tim McGraw, Zac Brown Band, and Gary Allan...but I JUST CAN'T STAND SUGARLAND. The bitter irony is that Kristian Bush's band Billy Pilgrim, is one of my favorite Folk Rock bands. Sugarland...is just...I DON'T KNOW it makes me angry and PHILLIP WANNA CRUSH! Needless to say though me having to fill my quota of doing at least 1 popular album a week has driven me to the point of madness...WITHOUT FURTHER INTRODUCTION...here is my review of Sugarland's Incredible Machine.

The lyrical, style of this album is very shallow...and I would normally FORGIVE something like that in a pop album, but these lyrics are so shallow they don't get that reprieve! I can't forgive any of this godawful writing...there isn't any depth what-so-ever. I can sometimes forgive that...if it wasn't for the fact that every song has a section where, 2 to 6 words are repeated over and over again for no fucking reason, until you reach the point of delirium. No meaning in this album, its pointless, and the lyrics are not "art", they are trash. Ke$ha songs are better written then this garbage!

The music is...well just...wow. This album might as well be by Jennifer Nettles. The music is just one big ego stroke after another. Her vocals are mixed so loud that when she gets singing her "high" parts you can barely hear any of the background music. Then the best part is there is a song that IS OBVIOUSLY WRITTEN AS A DUET, that just features Nettles singing alone...a love song to herself if you will! The track "Stuck Like Glue", is a love song duet, that is probably the best written thing on the album...to bad in its final form its a duet, that isn't quite a duet, Kristian does sing on the track, but only a little bit on the chorus, and its always backing...and then theres an embarrassing 90's ska sounding part of the song that makes it uncomfortable. The rest of the album is unremarkable, terrible, or just noise. I just don't see how people can listen to this drool!

I can't believe I am doing this but, this album is so awful so terrible, and so...just YUCK. I HAVE NO CHOICE. but to give it my first ever 1 out of 5. Try again Sugarland you have not converted this critic!

Just for a laugh here is the video for their song Stuck Like Glue!


No comments:

Post a Comment