Thursday, October 7, 2010

Connect The Dots (Rabbit! album review)

I love twitter, I not only get to know amazing people from around with world but I get to vent about my hatred for a majority of pop music, and most importantly I find AMAZING and TALENTED bands. To wash the bad taste of Jimmy Eat World and Bring Me The Horizon, I decided to listen to a band that started following me on twitter. Rabbit! is an Independent band I have fallen in love with in a mere 24 hours! Their album Connect The Dot's is seriously WIN!

The best way to describe the lyrics on this album would be if you took everything good about The Postal Service, Shins, CAKE, and XTC and mixed it all together, these are smart pop lyrics, and I enjoy it. Each song's choice of words incites feelings of happiness and nostalgia, and just happiness! This is just a great album, and a fantastic example of song craft!

The music altogether is very strong. A nice mix of many different instruments electronic and acoustic and damn fine beats go great together with the amazing vocals on all tracks. My two 5 favorite tracks on Connect the Dots would have to be Magic, Ladybug, Pea, Life Is Sweet, and 1-4-3. There isn't much else I can say about the songs besides they are damn good pop music.

To summarize, Rabbit! is a fantastic band that I can see going very far and even though I will get crucified for saying this, Rabbit! isn't as good as XTC...they are better. This kind of music never heard anymore, and I think its a damn shame! I hope that in the next couple years this band goes on to sell platinum without selling out their sound. I give Connect the Dots a 5 out of 5.

I'll leave you with the video for my favorite track off Connect the Dots "Pea"

No comments:

Post a Comment