Saturday, June 19, 2010

In Soviet Russia, game plays you!

Well, the leader of this here blog said he wanted a gaming section but he wasn't a hardcore enough gamer. I on the other hand am an avid gamer. First round up not really news really, but more an intro to myself so you readers can get an idea of who I am.

My name is Drew. In guild wars I'm known as Cilero or Drewsipher depending on who you talk to. World of Warcraft same thing. Warhammer I'm Golrik. Xbox Live I'm Cilero again. I have been a gamer for as long as I can remember. I was an avid NES gamer, and loved me some DOOM and Duke Nukem. I in my teens have gotten even MORE into gaming. I'm the kind of guy that will track his favorite developers (:cough bioware cough:) and will pre-order games before the pre-order is advertised (hello Guild Wars 2). I consider my love hardcore, my playing hardcore, and my seriousness... not so much.

My belief system in games is easy to figure out. They are for one thing:Fun. If you can't have fun playing it, why bother? Because of that my reviews of specific games will come in different sections. Also I'd like to cover gaming news as well. After this I will be re-reading all the e3 news and giving a breakdown. After that I will be probably purchasing a new game or two specifically to review on here. Also, I'd love to give indie games credit as well so I'll be on the lookout for those as well. All of these avenues to me are what anyone should be looking for in a review.

Also, I'm a kind of.... eccentric guy. I have a love of odd ball humor and will sometimes love games for that. Team Fortress 2 is a great example of that. But my reviews will hopefully be understandable enough for you to get the idea. I'll try to format in an easy to read fashion. I have never done a long form blog such as this so I'll have a slight learning curve but I'm willing to try anything once. E3 thoughts and concerns coming in the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment