Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cage the Elephant Album Review

Its very Rarely a debut album can move me so much that I become a hardcore fan of a band but 2008's Cage The Elephants Self Titled did it, I have had this CD on continuous loop for well over a month now, and still cant get enough.

The writing on this album is excellent, so excellent I am going out on a limb and saying its remminisent of the Pixies, strong song writing, with complex and subtle meanings through out. One song with such a great example of this is the song In One Ear, which is my second favorite song on the album only behind Back Against the Wall, but overall there is no poorly written song on this CD. I really have to give the band credit on this one, for a first effort this is just, astounding.

As for the music on this album, I have to say its great alt rock at its best. Barrage of grunge and bluesy guitar riffs with good druming and composed very well. The songs Judas and Aint no Rest for the Wicked are just amazing blends of instruments, and vocals that leave you in an awe worthy mood. The only criticism I have of this entire record is that three songs sound similar, and not enough to make a big complaint about.

Overall this is one hell of a god damn bad ass mother fucking WIN album, I will leave you with the most famous single from the Album Aint no Rest for the Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment