Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sorry for Partyin (2009) Album Review

I love it when a band can consistently release good albums, this is no different with the band behind 2009's Sorry For Partyin'. Bowling For Soup reached near musical perfection with their 2006 album The Great Burrito Extortion Case, and Sorry for Partyin' is equally as good as The Great Burrito Extortion Case. So lets dig into this delicious feast of a CD.
With lyrics written mostly by Jaret Reddick and Linus of Hollywood, I have to say this is the single best written BFS album. A Strong beginning, middle, and end with only one song I didn't like Love Goes Boom, only because I am still recovering from Say Anythings self titled (god that album makes me depressed). I really do love everything about the writing on this album, every song feels like it could have been off of any other BFS album while still feeling original and evolved.

while the power pop genre isn't known for amazing music, Sorry for Partyin' has a pretty damn good melody. Mixing electronic, flamingo, and even polka, Sorry for Partyin' has an amazing variety of music used. Really Cool Dance Song is my favorite song due to its resemblance to all the crap dance music that has been popular recently, except this song is good!

To conclude, I have to say Sorry for Partyin' is an amazing album from an amazing band. It deserves much praise for its solid lyrics and melody. All of these factors combined make me have to give Bowling For Soups Sorry for Partyin' 5 stars out of 5
*****
I am going to leave you with the video for My Wena

No comments:

Post a Comment