Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Opinions About Eve Online

There is no secret that I like MMO's, I have found very few I have ever really gotten into, besides Guild Wars, Runescape, and Fusion Fall...but I like MMO's I have played a lot of them, so naturally I am looking for a new MMO to play since guild wars has gotten a bit tiring. Well I decided to try Eve Online...for a second time.

The first time I played Eve Online I played it for 20 minutes and was so exhausted from docking in my first station I quit playing. This second time, I was committed, to start playing and well....it worked out about as good as the first time.

Here's the story, I do the ungodly boring slow tutorial for about 30 minutes, until I ultimately get tired of playing the tutorial, I docked at a station and started my first mission, it is a simple misison go to a location find a cargo crate and bring it back. Its level 1 for gods sake how hard can it be.

After spending an ungodly amount of time on trying to figure out, I end up after numerous trial and error and reading help stuff, I get to a beacon which is suppose to be around where the cargo container is. Now I need to find said container, after reading the instructions and talking to people in the rookie help chat for about an hour, I end up finding out that boring slow tutorial is something you need to play through or else you can't figure out anything.

Also finding cargo and clicking on it is a 1 hour part of the tutorial. At that I point I just gave up playing, because if it takes me 3 hours or so to figure out the first noob mission, and I can't even figure it out. It is way to complicated of a game for me. Plain and simple, I am not sure how anyone figures out the game!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Ok, Eve really can be considered somewhat difficult at first. That's because there is just so much content to the game. You can do just about anything that you want. Rather than going through the bad tutorial, you should instead find a great group of people to play with. They can show you the ropes, tell you what skills to learn, maybe even lend you some ISK and ships!

    Give it another shot using the stuff I said above. You'll have fun. :)

    Cheers,

    Steve
    http://bestpcgamestips.com/what-is-eve-online.

    ReplyDelete